Columbine Health Systems career exploration and recruitment efforts have always been partnered with youth programs in our community. We host on-site apprentice programs offering on-the-job training in healthcare, all while getting paid!
Columbine partners with Poudre and Thompson School Districts along with the Larimer County Economic and Development Workforce Center and the Federal Department of Labor.
The Apprenticeship program occurs over 2 years (typically junior and senior year of high school) and requires 2000 hours.
- 1st month of the program we provide; new employee orientation, an overview of our organization, tours of each campus, Dementia training, and "Boot Camp/Real Job/Real Work/Real Pay" provided by the local Workforce Center.
- Apprentices then participate in the Personal Care Provider (PCP) Training at the Geriatric Education Center. After completion of PCP training, you will work as a paid PCP in one of our assisted living facilities for the remainder of the 1st semester.
- 2nd Semester they attend the Nursing Assistant Training also at the Geriatric Education Center. Then begin work as a Certified Nursing Assistant in our Skilled Nursing Facilities after completion of the class, passing both the State exam for certification and the Job Function Test.
- Apprentices will also have career exposure and opportunities to explore other areas of our business, such as Activities, Social Services, Admissions, Health Information Management, Accounting/Finance, Information Technology, Marketing/Graphics, Human Resources, and more!
For more information, see your local high school guidance counselor.
- Earn Money
- Receive High School Credits
- Gain Direct Healthcare Experience